Home > ADI Part one > Theory Test
You have 1 hour and 30 minutes to answer 100 multiple-choice questions.
Before the test starts you’ll get:
- instructions on how the test works
- the chance to do some practice questions to get used to the screens
How the test works
There are 25 questions in each of these 4 categories:
- road procedure
- traffic signs and signals, car control, pedestrians and mechanical knowledge
- driving test, disabilities, and the law
- publications and instructional techniques
A question and several possible answers appear on a screen. You have to select the right answer.
Leaving a question
You can ‘flag’ questions that you want to come back to later.
Changing your answers
You can go back to any question to review and change your answer at any point.
When you’ve finished
You can finish the multiple-choice questions part when you’ve answered all of the questions. You don’t have to use the full 1 hour and 30 minutes.
You can have a break of up to 3 minutes before the hazard perception test starts.